My Print Debut

Yesterday, The Miami Hurricane, the official newspaper of the University of Miami, published an article on Twitter, and I was quoted in the article! As those of you who are returning members to my site know, I have written on Twitter a handful of times here on my blog, but this is the first time any comments of mine on the service have been put in print. You can check it out here. Here is a quote the article:

While it is helpful to remain in touch with friends and to read about the activities of favorite celebrities, sometimes Twitter can provide too much information. However, sophomore Andy Zweibel does not feel that this detracts from the site and its full potential.

“Those who don’t know much about [Twitter] think it’s just a glorified Web site for posting Facebook status-esque updates. This is what I thought from the beginning too,” he said.

“I have realized that it’s so much more about meeting people and sharing ideas, than letting everyone know when you’re eating a bowl of cereal,” Zweibel said. “I would encourage anyone to at least try Twitter for a few months before passing judgment.”

Special thanks to Danielle Kaslow, UM student and write for The Miami Hurricane, for putting together such a great article, and to Greg Linch (@greglinch on Twitter) for putting Danielle in contact with me!

8 thoughts on “My Print Debut

1. Congrats…Now start submitting to our music journals! 🙂
    I'm not a fan of wordle, I am a fan of the wordpress plugin cumulus though…It is crazy web 2.0 cool.

I “liked” your last comment on mustech…did your disqus number increase?

2. It did! I'm up to 4 now! I just “liked” this one… for the record you were at 3 pts prior to my “liking” it.

I'm not familiar with cumulus, but both my dad and you suggested it to me, so I”ll definitely check it out!

What music journals are you referring to, by the way?

3. Congrats…Now start submitting to our music journals! 🙂

4. It did! I'm up to 4 now! I just “liked” this one… for the record you were at 3 pts prior to my “liking” it.

5. Congrats…Now start submitting to our music journals! 🙂

6. It did! I'm up to 4 now! I just “liked” this one… for the record you were at 3 pts prior to my “liking” it.