The Big Dance-Part 1

First off, you asked so you shall receive. Kind of hard to see, but this is the best picture of me with the #23 on my cheek from the ACC tourney.

At any rate, greetings from the quaint city of Little Rock, Arkansas! It’s only been about 24 hours since we arrived in the hometown of Bill Clinton, but I think we have already exhausted all the options for having fun or relaxing. It’s been good so far, though. Last night we relaxed in the hotel and had dinner at a nice little Italian restaurant.

Today, we attended an open practice for the ‘Canes, as well as the Texas Longhorns, the Austin Peay Governors, and the St. Mary’s Gaels (BOO) who UM will take on tomorrow. UM spent most of its allotted 40 minutes just shooting around, with star Jack McClinton draining about 20 three-pointers in a row at one point. The team looked loose and relaxed, and we can only hope they’re just as relaxed tomorrow, although slightly more focused.

The game tomorrow is at 12:30 pm EST, and takes place at the Alltel Arena in North Little Rock for those of you who might be in the neighborhood tomorrow. If you won’t be able to make it to Arkansas for the game, you can catch it on CBS. If you won’t be near a TV, you can follow along with UM trumpet player Corey Erb, who is here not only as a member of the band, but also as the media representative from the Miami Hurricane, UM’s student newspaper. Corey has a blog going to document his journeys with the ‘Canes basketball team, and he will be giving periodic updates during the game. Follow along with Corey’s Stories to stay updated.

My bracket is doing pretty well so far, the only wrong pick I’ve had is picking Kentucky over Marquette. You can check in the sidebar of my blog to keep track of how I’m doing.

We’re trying to find a place to eat dinner tonight, almost every restaurant in the area is 21 and over, as the only thing there really is to do in Little Rock is drink. It may be another evening at Gusano’s, one of two eateries in the entire town that allow minors in.

Until later on, Go ‘Canes!

2 thoughts on “The Big Dance-Part 1

1. i saw you on TV lots. i think raquel’s mom taped the games — you should watch them 🙂