Welcome to the website of Andrew Zweibel: Music Educator, Technology Enthusiast, and Social Media Innovator. This site contains a listing of many of my professional activities, accomplishments, and projects, as well as some insight into my life as a music educator at South Dade Senior High School in Homestead, FL. As you browse, be sure to check out my blog for frequent updates on what I’m up to, and learn how to connect with me if you want to get in touch.
Download and view my Resume by clicking here.
Director of Bands – South Dade Senior High School
Visual/Performing Arts Magnet Academy – Homestead, FL
Began August 2011
2013 South Dade Rookie Teacher of the Year
Courses Taught: Symphonic Band, Wind Ensemble, Jazz Band, Intro to Music Theory, Advanced Placement Music Theory, Chorus, Music Appreciation, Introduction to Percussion
Bachelor of Music
University of Miami, Frost School of Music – Coral Gables, FL
Oustanding Graduating Senior, Frost School of Music
Bachelor of Music in Music Education, Magna Cum Laude (GPA 3.856)
Graduated May 2011
Holds Florida Teaching Certificate for Music K-12
I am very a very active member of the micro-blogging service Twitter. Below, you can see my last 4 Twitter updates to find out what’s on my mind at the current moment. Below the stream, click the “Follow” button to follow my updates.
I am also active in the Web 2.0/Social Media world outside of Twitter (connect with me on many of these sites on my Connect page!). Some of my other Web 2.0/Social Media achievements include:
- Member of Dr. J. Pisano’s list of 100 Music Education (ME) Bloggers
- Member of Dr. J. Pisano’s list of Music Educators to Follow on Twitter
- Host of May 2010 Music Educator’s Blog Carnival
- Live-Blogger, MENC’s Music Education Week (2009, 2010), Midwest Band/Orchestra Clinic (2009, 2010), METOS Online Conference (2010)
Outside of Music Education and Social Media, I am skilled and available for hire in the following areas:
- Web Design Consultant (Specific proficiency in WordPress CMS, HTML, CSS, including some PHP and MySQL)
- Computer Technician (Knowledge of software and hardware for both Mac and PC, including installation, maintenance, data recovery, configuration, etc.)
References are available upon request.
Below, please find a few of the projects I have undertaken on the web. Click on the thumbnail to be taken to the homepage for the particular project.